16 July 2010

The Present

"For many days, I wondered if that mat really had existed, or of he was an angel sent by God to teach me the secret lessons of life. In the end, I decided that he had been a real man, a man who had loved me, even if only for an afternoon, and during that afternoon, he'd given me everything... his struggles, his joys, his difficulties, and his dreams. That afternoon I gave myself wholly as well--I was his companion, his audience, his lover. In a matter of only a few hours, I experienced the love of a lifetime."

Mother looked at daughter...

"I've never stopped loving your father, not for a single day... He's always been my side, doing his best, and I want to be with him until the end. But the heart's a mysterious thing, and I still don't really understand what happened that afternoon... meeting that man left me feeling more confident, and showed me I was still capable of loving and being loved, and it taught me something else that I'll never forget: finding one important thing in your life doesn't mean you have to give up all the other important things."

(Brida, by Paulo Coelho, p.168-169)



Love, in any form, can happen as brief as that if we're able to live in the present. Always have that space in you for 'the present', rite Mariana?!? :)


Let the Tanzanesia journey begin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Si mi querida Steiii
Love is all we have to give... and specially you that have such a huge heart...
As Brida says we love all our important dreams and that´s the force to love whoever get´s in front of us... if we forget ourselves, from where do we get the source of love for the rest?

Go Tanzania experience!! ...I feel love is in the air there :)
...all the best for you!