28 November 2015

Untitled...


The following sentences are taken from Brida, a novel by Paulo Coelho. I remember that when I read it, I thought about how painful and beautiful the feelings that Brida goes through. I imagined how one's heart could contain such intense and contradictory emotions. I have learned that it can. 

That is what the forest taught me. That you will never be mine, and that is why I will never lose you. You were my hope during my days of loneliness, my anxiety during moments of doubt, my certainty during moments of faith.

I will always remember you, and you will remember me, just as we will remember the evening, the rain on the windows, and all the things we’ll always have because we cannot possess them.

For many days, I wondered if that man really had existed, or if he was an angel sent by God to teach me the secret lessons of life. In the end, I decided that he had been a real man, a man who had loved me, even if only for an afternoon, and during that afternoon, he'd given me everything... his struggles, his joys, his difficulties, and his dreams. That afternoon I gave myself wholly as well--I was his companion, his audience, his lover. In a matter of only a few hours, I experienced the love of a lifetime.


Si puedes recordarme, siempre estare contigo... 




No comments: