02 July 2008

I Love My Life, Do You Love Yours?


I love my life, for being able to…

Put eyeliner in my eyelid, even though I rarely make it balance between both eyelids;
Hop in to F 1546 BH every Monday morning and Friday evening, and easily be myself;
Walk out of the elevator at 13th floor, greet the security officers, take a clean glass, type in my password and start my ‘enjoyable’ work day;
Close various windows, log off, turn off the monitor and leave the office early (my definition of early) for Pilates, Yoga, Basketball, or Movie Trip;
Wake up early, realize that it’s a weekend and simply close my eyes a few hours more.


I love my life, for having others…

Sounds from my E51 and office phone;
Sounds and blinks from my YM and lotus notes sametime;
Black and bold phrases in my yahoo account;
Red phrases and pink highlights in my lotus notes inbox;
Tap in my shoulder and face to face conversation.


I love my life, for experiencing the *AHA* moments…

A bad haircut and realizing that a sweet sincere smile is the best ‘waterproof make up;’
Failing interviews and seeing my weakness in structuring my thoughts and words;
Stroked by a beautiful sentence “happiness is only real when shared” in the movie “Into the Wild;”
Working in a situation where youth energy infects the non-youth and non-youth wisdom transmits to the youth;
Bargaining God’s answer to my prayers and recognizing the petite heart in me.


I love my life and its temporariness (like my contract, my outer beauty, my weariness and past relationships). Temporary is the new philosophy. Temporary allows the flow. Quoting a parting email from an Italian friend “As the Greek philosopher Heraclitus used to say more than 2,500 years ago panta rei, everything flows.”

2 comments:

Berly said...

May love (also from UK) continue to flow into your life :-)

steisimileiva said...

@berly: thx. hope my friends don't misinterpret ur comment ;p