21 October 2008

Living The Dream

Today I lived my dreams for 20 minutes. A fascinating 20 minutes at Bulungan's busy street in South Jakarta. Yes, I was a news reporter!! With medium striking heat of 10.15 – 10.35 am; continuous pollution from motorbikes, cars and buses; but with the 'top note flavor' of bliss… *yay*

We made a news report about Indonesia as a confident Middle Income Country (MIC) and also about the new Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) of the World Bank Indonesia. Ha3x… those terms may not make sense to most of you, that’s because the reporting was meant to be showcased during Human Development Sector annual event in World Bank Headquarter (Washington DC.) in early November.

"Thanks Edwin, you've made someone's dream came true today" that was my goodbye line as Edwin Pierolie, Managing Director of 'klirkom' communication agency, dropped me back to reality (office) with his motorbike.




Wednesday couldn't have been better! Back in the office, I found out that Berly Martawardaya, a-can-do-wannabe, is also re-living his dream. He has successfully brought life (again) to his simple but substantial dream: carving his name in the newspaper. His article on the current financial crisis made an entry to the Jakarta Post. "Way the go Berly!! Looking forward to seeing more carving of your names both at the bottom/top of the article and within the article"



So, are you living your dream(s)?

1 comment:

Berly said...

Congrat on living up your dream. And very much looking forward to watch the video.

As for myself, I want to contribut to Indonesia's welfare and development improvement. To have it in writing (and in a prominent outlet) is just a means to end.

Which remind me that I have still alot of papers to write for our boss :-(