29 November 2009

Warm

Words are powerful. Sometimes they are indeed a manifestation of life's abstraction. Pictures are powerful. Most of the times we take pictures to freeze moments or feelings. We want to treasure them and we would like to be able to re-visit those moments and feelings in the future.

As it's getting colder (and windier) here in the Netherlands, the word WARM has become one of my favorites! Here are my (recent) three manifestations of WARM:

One. I've always loved a WARM shower. It really helps me to feel more relax and stimulates creative ideas and perspectives of life.

Two. This weekend I heard a beautiful statement from a senior man*: "We, men, are actually simple; we are looking for WARM women to share our life." It was an eye-opening statement for me; reminded me of my father's tireless persuasion to make me learn cooking. I infer somehow there's a correlation between the frequencies of being exposed to the heat of a burning stove/oven with a person's WARMth level.

Three. It's cold that afternoon, but as I looked up and saw this lovely red-ish color of sunset in the sky ... suddenly I felt WARM. It's an abstract WARMth, but it manifested in me and I would like to freeze that WARM feeling in this picture.



*Thanks to Yunita, Om Ben, and Tante Ely for their WARM welcome and inspiration this weekend in Amsterdam!!

4 comments:

Dazs said...

Nice thoughts, Steis. Keep up your good warm and inspiring words ;)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!

steisimileiva said...

@ dinda, nokutula: thanks for reading, glad you like it!!!

setyo said...

nice picture.. jadi teringat dengan lembayung senja langit depan rumahku..