11 April 2010

Pieces #4: The Test of Life

Sis,

It's been quite sometimes since my last writing to you.

Spring has arrived they say, flowers are blossoming and that beautiful Cherry Blossom (white, pink, pink-red) are here in Wageningen. I had a nice walk with Astrid this afternoon to the Forest of Wageningen and on the way back we took 2 branches and they are now in my room. Their beauty is helping me to go through this test of life...






















I may unable to share it with you yet about this test of life. As time goes, I'm pretty sure I will be able to unpack it better.

A friend once reminded me Sis, 'What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger' and I suppose more or less it is in line with what we've been understanding from our religion 'You will not be tempted/tested beyond what you are able.' So, I will eventually pass this test and be a better Steisi.

I feel that already now, I understand more of life. I told Ma last time on the phone, that after 24 years, I finally understand what you all (Pa, Ma, Sis) have been trying to tell me about 'taking time to relax', about your concerns that I'm always busy doing this and that, about my weird feeling that I always have to do something--even in the weekend or in holidays, about 'being present for other people.' I finally understand... after living life here in Wageningen.

Over skype, I've just talked about it with my best friend, Mariana.. and she comforted my soul by telling me that life loves me very much! Because life is teaching me all those things by giving me this test. The test itself may involve tears and sadness, but the learning process before the test are filled with laughters and happiness, but the learning process are filled with understanding and affection.

The test is coming soon... They say it is common to pass such test with an average mark, because it is usually hard for everyone. Tears and sadness if they may come, let it be for the day of the test. But, for now I want to continue learning, learning, and learning...

Thanks Mariana, Fenni, Astrid! 11 April 2010.

Until next post Sis!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

...so beautiful thoughts my sweet Stei... no test will defeat us :)
...remember even tests are not the important (could even continue with the 3ple loop)... just the fully present we have in front today :)

All the strengh my best friend!...love uuuuu so much!!!

mariana

steisimileiva said...

thank youuu! love you to mariana, always!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Steis. the best to date. So true, what does not kill us only makes us stronger if we make the choice to learn from it.

steisimileiva said...

@nokutula: WOW!thanks dear. exactly, ur sooo the "choice(s)" fabulous ambassador! :)