25 October 2009

Bliss

I've always wanted to write down about this.

When we are introduced to new ideas/knowledge, people like to say: "take your time and let it sink"

I vaguely remember, but I think some lecturers in my MAKS classes also said it. In MAKS program lots of the social science theories and/or concepts are a whole new ball game for the students or at least for me who did my Bachelor in a field of natural science.

So, "take your time and let it sink"
I often do that when I'm experiencing a bliss as well.


What is a bliss?
According to the Oxford dictionary, being in a bliss is to be in a state of perfect happiness, oblivious (not aware) to everything else.



To me, some bliss moments were:
watching the sunrise in Mount Bromo,
experiencing the underwater world,
reading impressive sentences in Paulo Coelho's work;

and also some simple moments like:
sitting, walking, chatting with my sister (almost) at anytime anywhere,
reading friends' comments and pictures in facebook;

and like tonight,
when Mariana and Miguel (my 2 maravilloso friends here in Wageningen) cycled along with me to my home--Asserpark


At those moments I took the time and let the bliss sink...
I smiled ... and really grateful of being alive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmm... Steisiiii!!! ...you´re so sweet! ...I think I can also live a bliss stearing at your smile and your peaceful mirada...

gracias por tu amistad!

mariana